Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Art Tart: Elizabeth Colomba

Art Tart: Art you can sink your teeth in....

Art Tart: Elizabeth Colomba

A storyboard artist by trade, Elizabeth Colomba's work is frequently only seen by the director of Hollywood films (Waist Deep, Next Friday, The Wood, Everything Is Illuminated and Romeo + Juliet to name a few).

But her work off-the-clock is equally worthy of feature-film treatment. The women in the above paintings all hint at a period piece waiting to be told.

The moody backgrounds and rooms of Colomba's Victorian imagination are just as layered as the women within them.

We dig it.

7 comments:

frank said...

beautiful

mighty mouse said...

The one in the bottom looks like Amel Larreux.

Ebony Intuition said...

wow beautiful work..

Shell said...

I love the artwork. It is so gorgeous.

Derilyn said...

I don't think I've seen African American Victorian artwork like this before. Thanks for introducing me to this artist.

Danielle said...

Outstanding. I'll definitely read more about her. Thanks for bringing her to our attention.

Dominick said...

I found a great deal of useful material here!
steel building