Sunday, March 04, 2007

Saturday Soul: Lizz Wright, I'm Confessin'

From The Cocoa Lounge

LizzWright, "I'm Confessin'"

It's hard to categorize Lizz Wright's sound and that's probably just the way she likes it. Though often described as a jazz singer, Lizz Wright's voice falls somewhere in between genres and her style is unlike any of her contemparies, which simply means the girl is in a League of Her Own.



Here's Lizz performing "I'm Confessin'" Live in Basel. If you enjoy this one, you'll also love her spin on the classic, "Nature Boy". Just wait for it, after the long--but entertaining--drum solo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great voice.

Anonymous said...

The first time I heard of her was on The NAACP awards. She does have a beautiful voice and should be much more popular than she is IMO.

Anonymous said...

Lizz is a class act. I'm a jazz man but I listen to R&B some times and what I find is that most of the younger artists are missing a certain elegance. I've seen Lizz Wright in concert several times and she is extremely beautiful inside and out and she sings like an angel. Most of these young girls who play on the radio all day couldn't think of holding a candle to her. I wish her good luck and may God bless her and keep her with us for a long time.

Anonymous said...

She has a beautiful voice and aura. She's got the type of talent that doesn't wane and will be around for years to come. I'm a huge fan of her work.